Wednesday, November 26, 2008






I was sitting on the couch with my sons wondering how others will spend this Holiday weekend. How many of us will jump on a plane to visit family and how many of us will spend it alone?

As I sat on the couch with my little boys I was overwhelmed with emotion. If I were to try to express it in one word it might be peace. For that moment I was content! I felt none of my everyday stresses of being a mother, wife and volunteer! I just felt like it all made sense and my reward for my work was sitting there on the couch laughing, making weird sounds, not really knowing how incredibly lucky and loved they were!

As we sit in the comfort of our homes, others are without family, love, warmth or food and that makes me sad! It also make me want to find and fill a need. I want to find a way to really give of myself, If you have any suggestions please comment here or send me an e-mail Nicoleadams2005@gmail.com Feel free to send me links to sites that are giving back to their communities and I will add them to my blog and tweet them.

-Nicole Adams

No comments: